This is a repeating eventmarch 26, 2023 11:00 am
Addressing Ancestral Trauma
Join us for a transformative, five-session series on Addressing Ancestral Trauma and Creating Healthy Connections. In this series, we will explore, understand, and identify generational trauma within ourselves,
Join us for a transformative, five-session series on Addressing Ancestral Trauma and Creating Healthy Connections. In this series, we will explore, understand, and identify generational trauma within ourselves, relationships, community, and society. Collaboratively, we will acknowledge and process the impact of ancestral trauma, develop practical strategies for promoting intergenerational healing, and identify ways to continue our resistance as we build our legacy of healing!
Cost: We are offering a sliding scale fee for this class series. Tiers are $25/5 classes, $50/5 classes, $75/5 classes, $100/5 classes. As we are limited to 16 spots please purchase tickets for this series only if you are able to attend all 5 classes. Classes will take place from 11 am – 1 pm on Sunday on the following dates: 03/19, 03/26, 04/16, 04/23, 04/30.
The event schedule has the date listed as 03/19. This is the date for the first class date. The cost of the ticket covers the entire 5 sessions. Purchase of a ticket ensures admittance to all 5 sessions. Please mark your calendar for all 5 dates listed above after purchasing tickets.
We will be following Covid protocols for this event.
Yanawana Herbolarios is pleased to host All That Lies In Gray Counseling to teach this special Sowing La Futura Educational Series.
What will you learn throughout this series?
Session 1: Understanding Ancestral Trauma
- Introduction to the concept of ancestral trauma and its impact on individuals and families
- Discussing the history of colonialism, slavery, and other forms of oppression that contribute to ancestral trauma
- Overview of the causes and symptoms of ancestral trauma and how it affects mental, physical, and emotional well-being
Session 2: Addressing Ancestral Trauma Within Ourselves and our Families
- Techniques for exploring and acknowledging ancestral trauma within ourselves and our families
- Understanding the impact of intergenerational trauma and how it can manifest in our lives
- Introduction to communication skills for creating healthy relationships within families
- Techniques for regulating emotions, managing stress, and reducing the impact of ancestral trauma on our daily lives
Session 3: Culturally Specific Healing Practices
- The importance of cultural identity and connection to community for healing
- Overview of culturally-specific healing practices for addressing ancestral trauma
- Discussion on the role of activism, community organizing, and social justice in promoting healing and resilience
Session 4: Continuity of Healing: Maintaining Progress and Embracing Resilience
- Understanding the long-term effects of ancestral trauma and the need for ongoing healing
- Techniques for maintaining progress and continuing to build resilience
- The importance of self-care and support from others in promoting ongoing healing and growth
- Discussion on the role of mindfulness, meditation, and other practices in promoting well-being and resilience
Session 5: Moving Forward: Building a Legacy of Healing
- Overview of the benefits of addressing ancestral trauma and building healthy family connections
- Understanding the impact of our actions on future generations and the importance of creating a positive legacy
- Discussion on the role of intergenerational healing in breaking the cycle of trauma
- Practical exercises and techniques for promoting intergenerational healing and creating a legacy of resilience and well-being.
Learn more about us at allthatliesingray.com/theteam
Visit Deceleration’s Happening Events Calendar.
Health Guidelines for this Event
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 1:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
1003 Creekview Dr, San Antonio, TX 78219