Monarch Butterfly and Pollinator Festival SATX
JOIN US, FRIENDS! For the 8th annual Festival celebrating the monarch butterfly, pollinators, & the ecosystem that sustains both them & us!
JOIN US, FRIENDS!
For the 8th annual Festival celebrating the monarch butterfly, pollinators, & the ecosystem that sustains both them & us! 🐛 🦋 🦇 🐝 🦜
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7TH, 9AM-1PM
@ Brackenridge Park in the Pecan Grove, by the Zoo entrance. Parking is available in the lot near the train depot and the zoo parking garage
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
About the Festival
The mission of the Monarch Butterfly & Pollinator Festival is to celebrate and educate our community about the monarch butterfly, pollinators, and the ecosystems that sustain both them and us. The festival inspires children and “grown-up kids” of all ages to engage and connect with the natural world around them by immersing themselves in an educational playland that cultivates compassion and sparks change for good.
On festival day, over 30 educational partners convene at Brackenridge Park to provide hands-on, nature-based experiences for children and adults to over 3,500 attendees. This community endeavor supports the Mayor’s Monarch Pledge and the city of San Antonio as a Monarch Champion City, and is a partnership with the Brackenridge Park Conservancy.
Produced by Blooming with Birdie, an educational entertainment company that brings learning to life with curated, Montessori-Inspired experiences designed to foster curiosity and compassion, the festival is a unique place to play while learning with friends and family.
The Monarch Butterfly and Pollinator Festival is unlike other festivals as it is thoughtfully curated and designed to fully immerse attendees into engaging educational experiences that spark joy, cultivate compassion, and create long lasting memories.
Notable immersive experiences at this year’s festival will include:
- The People as Pollinators Experiment: Pick your favorite wildlife pollinator and transform yourself through face-painting and costume. Metamorphosize to experience a day in the life as your favorite butterfly, bee, bat, or bird!
- Monarch Tagging: Participate in a citizen science project in partnership with Monarch Watch to place a (harmless!) tag on a monarch butterfly wing
- The Monarch Migration Obstacle Course: Become a monarch and fly the multi-generational Spring monarch migration by eating milkweed and metamorphosizing 3 times. Then, overcome obstacles like hail, hurricanes and taggers as you make your way back to Mexico for the Fall Migration
- Pollinator Procession: Join our friends from Bexar Brass as we dance, flutter, and buzz through the festival in true pollinator style
- Dia de los Muertos Altar: Connect with the spiritual aspect of the monarch, celebrate Dia de los Muertos, and the return of the monarchs to Mexico
- PLANTS, TREES, & MORE: Adopt a tree, plant a plant, and get your hands dirty as you learn how to do your part to take care of our ecosystem.
Visit Deceleration’s Happening Events Calendar.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
3700 N St Mary's St