mon25oct1:00 pmmon4:00 pmCPS Energy Board of Trustees Monthly MeetingCPS Energy CEO search committee, rate-hike request developing, plant weatherization updates.1:00 pm - 4:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
Riding with a hollowed-out crew, including the loss of senior attorneys, the chief operating officer, and a lame duck CEO, CPS’s Board of Trustees convenes to discuss plant
Riding with a hollowed-out crew, including the loss of senior attorneys, the chief operating officer, and a lame duck CEO, CPS’s Board of Trustees convenes to discuss plant weatherization efforts to avoid another freezing blackout this winter, forming a search committee to replace its CEO, and a developing rate-hike request to take to San Antonio City Council for approval. This month’s agenda and most materials to be presented (barring the CEO’s Report, which tends to come in the morning of the meeting) are available here.
Attend in person at the new 500 McCullough Headquarters (map and instructions below) or view online on their website. Public comment sign-up closes the Friday before each monthly meeting, which fall on the last Mondays of each month.
“Our customers have shared with us how we failed them; we are focused on providing real improvements to how we serve.”
A pathway to a rate hike request from San Antonio City Council appears on track for this year (see timeline above), though the City Manager’s Office has suggested a vote won’t happen until early 2022.
Meeting Agenda items include:
- CEO’s Report
- Winter Preparedness Report
- Potential Rate Increase: Drivers & Timeline
- Consent Agenda (Including Payment to COSA for 2021)
- Financial Update
- Committee Appointments
- FlexPower Bundle Update
- Executive Search Committee
Attending a Board Meeting In-Person (via CPS)
- Please bring your government-issued ID.
- Safety & Security Protocols:
- Face coverings are encouraged
- Please do not attend in-person if you or a member of your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or if you are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, abnormal cough, or shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell.
- Attendees must go through a metal detector before entering the building. Concealed weapons are prohibited.
- Parking: Please park in the surface parking lot in front of the main building. (See Map)
- Public Comment: In-person public commenters will speak first, in the order in which they registered, followed by virtual commenters, in the order in which they registered.
- Individuals who have signed up to speak in-person during the public comment period will be allowed to enter the Board Room to provide their public comment and are welcome to watch and listen to the full Board Meeting in other designated rooms.
- To comply with our COVID-19 Safety Protocols a limited number of individuals will be allowed in the Board Room and other designated rooms in our building.
- The meeting will be livestreamed (here) and recorded.
(Monday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
CPS Energy Headquarters
500 McCullough Avenue