CPS Energy’s Board of Trustees is preparing to end a year-long moratorium on forced disconnections for nonpayment. As they meet to discuss the
CPS Energy’s Board of Trustees is preparing to end a year-long moratorium on forced disconnections for nonpayment. As they meet to discuss the future of tens of thousands in this city, we will gather outside and inside the Monday board meeting to say no to disconnections. However, tor those who cannot attend in person, we invite you to register to speak by phone. Deadline to register is today, Friday, May 21.
Understand, CPS Board member Ed Kelly is especially anxious to start cutting people off of power. At a recent meeting he said the community needs to “pull itself up by the bootstraps.” But we say it is time for Ed Kelly to go. We are acting to protect vulnerable customers who have suffered the worst impacts of Covid and the Winter Storm who are now facing possible utility disconnections.
Rally Against CPS Energy Disconnections! Stop the Rate Hike!
- Energy Justice Action at CPS Energy’s Headquarters
- MONDAY, May 24, 2021
- 500 McCullough Ave, San Antonio, TX 78215
- GATHER: 11:30AM | RALLY: 12:00PM | CPS BOARD MEETING: 1PM
Speak Against CPS Energy Disconnections!
- End the Policy of Utility Disconnections for Most Vulnerable Families
- Move ‘Beyond Resilience’: Prioritize Weatherization, Demand Management, and Community Solar as Essential to a Just Recovery
- Establish Community-Driven Resource Planning
- No Rate Increases Until Our Utility Rate Structure is Fair
- Shut Down the Spruce Coal Plant by 2030
Deceleration will livestream this event via our Facebook.
Tag: @CPSEnergy @ClimateSATX @RecallCPS @Ron_Nirenberg @Trevino_D1 @Jada_District2 @VoteViagran @DrAdrianaD4 @CWShirleyG @CWCabelloHavrda @AnaSandovalSATX @District8Manny @JohnCourageD9 @district10perry
Hashtags: #EnergyJustice4SA #NoRateHikesSA #StopTheDisconnections
Demand to know where the Candidates Stand on these issues
About half of the San Antonio City Council candidates have filled out our Energy Justice survey. Has your candidate take a stand on disconnections?
- Please bring your government-issued ID.
- Safety & Security Protocols:
- Face coverings are required
- Attendees will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before they enter any CPS Energy facility. Please do not attend in-person if you or a member of your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Attendees must go through a metal detector before entering the building. Concealed weapons are prohibited.
- Parking: Please park in the surface parking lot in front of the main building. (See Map)
- Public Comment: In-person public commenters will speak first, in the order in which they registered, followed by virtual commenters, in the order in which they registered.
- Individuals who have signed up to speak in-person during the public comment period will be allowed to enter the Board Room to provide their public comment and are welcome to watch and listen to the full Board Meeting in other designated rooms.
- To comply with our COVID-19 Safety Protocols a limited number of individuals will be allowed in the Board Room and other designated rooms in our building.
- The meeting will be livestreamed and recorded.
(Monday) 11:30 pm - 1:30 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time