Southern Farmers and Food Systems Conference
The Southern Family Farmers & Food Systems Conference is an annual event jointly
The Southern Family Farmers & Food Systems Conference is an annual event jointly hosted by the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance, Small Producers Initiative at Texas State University, and Council for Healthy Food Systems.
The three-day conference will energize and inspire whether you’re brand new to farming or have been doing it for years. They are committed to bringing relevant, farmer-driven information to the small- to medium- scale agricultural community in Texas and surrounding Southern states.
Ranch Freedom Alliance brings together producers from all over Texas, Southern U.S., and beyond to celebrate small farms and local food. The event is hosted at Texas State University in the sleepy college town and vacation destination of San Marcos, Texas.
What to expect:
- 3 days of high-quality education focused on small- to medium- scale ag and regenerative production
- Pre-conference workshops and small group consultation halls for more in-depth learning
- Keynote and plenary speakers to inspire and inform
- 7 learning tracks: Crops, Livestock, Business & Marketing, The Big Picture (social/economic/policy), Start-up/Homesteader, Research, and Niche topics
- Exhibit hall with 35+ vendors serving farmers & ranchers
- Silent auction with food and agriculture goodies
- Banquet dinner featuring locally grown ingredients
- Opportunities to connect with farmers, ranchers, food system leaders, farm support organizations, and agricultural businesses during breaks, lunches, social hours, and dinner
- To leave with renewed energy, new connections, and a plethora of resources to
Visit Deceleration’s Happening Events Calendar.
august 6 (Sunday) - 8 (Tuesday)(GMT-05:00) View in my time
Texas State University
601 University Drive San Marcos, Texas 78666-4684