Guided Snorkel Tours
Splash into Science is an immersive snorkeling program which provides low-impact educational fun in the spring-fed, crystal clear waters of Spring Lake, the headwaters of
Splash into Science is an immersive snorkeling program which provides low-impact educational fun in the spring-fed, crystal clear waters of Spring Lake, the headwaters of the San Marcos River. Spring Lake is home to spring-fed waters that remain a constant 72 degrees year-round, seven endangered and threatened species, and one of the longest continually inhabited sites in North America. This program aims to connect guests to the wonders of our local ecosystem and our relationship with the environment.
The introductory course will include:
- Introduction to the unique history and habitat of Spring Lake
- Guided tour of the Discovery Hall
- All related equipment and basic snorkeling skills refresher
- *Participants will be required to pass a swim test prior to the tour and show ability to snorkel in open water
- Guided on water tour including Diversion Springs, Cream of Wheat Springs, and the Ossified Forest (approx. 45 minutes)
- All gear will be provided by the Meadows Center, including a 5mm wetsuit (optional), goggles, snorkel, fins, life jacket, and dive light (evening classes only). No outside gear will be allowed unless it is for prescription goggles. Live jackets must be worn at all times. Courses are limited to a minimum of 2 participants and a maximum of 6. For larger groups, inquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
*Military and Texas State University staff, faculty, and students that would like to book the tour at a $10 discounted rate should reach out to the Spring Lake Tours Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book here: https://secure.touchnet.com/C24322_ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=322&CATID=246&SINGLESTORE=true
Health Guidelines for this Event
(Saturday) 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm(GMT-06:00) View in my time
The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment
211 San Marcos Springs Dr, San Marcos, TX 78666