Texas Historical Commission (in San Anto) Votes on Brack
tue11apr1:00 pmtue3:00 pmTexas Historical Commission (in San Anto) Votes on BrackWithout public comments, residents may need to make themselves heard in more creative ways.
The Texas Historical Commission’s Executive Committee comes to San Antonio to vote on the City of San Antonio’s proposal to clear out about 50 trees
The Texas Historical Commission’s Executive Committee comes to San Antonio to vote on the City of San Antonio’s proposal to clear out about 50 trees as phase one of a redevelopment project in Brackenridge Park. While dozens of residents made the commute to Austin to speak in opposition last month, the Commission is not allowing public comments at their San Antonio meeting.
You can listen to May’s meeting <<here>>, in which the proposal was tabled to allow time to consider alternative plans for restoring the river wall—and thereby save more trees.
Hear from local residents about the proposal during a recent prayer walk <<here>>.
Trees to be removed at Lambert Beach area (dashed red lines). Via current plan.
San Antonio Botanical Garden
Betty Kelso Event Center
555 Funston Place
San Antonio, TX
April 11, 2023
This meeting of the Executive Committee has been properly posted with the Secretary of State’s Office according to the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code. The members may discuss and/or take action on any of the items listed on the agenda.
*NOTE: The THC may go into executive session (close its meeting to the public) on any agenda item if appropriate and authorized by TGC, Ch. 551.
- Call to Order
- Committee member introductions
- Establish quorum
- Recognize and/or excuse absences
- Brackenridge Park, Lambert Beach area, San Antonio, Bexar County
- Discussion and possible action regarding Historic Buildings and Structures Antiquities Permit #1208 for Phase I of the 2017 bond project
- Discussion and possible action regarding an Archeology Permit for investigations associated with Brackenridge Park Phase I of the 2017 bond project
- Committee Chairman’s Report
- A. Ongoing Projects;
- Updates and Upcoming Events
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
San Antonio Botanical Gardens
555 Funston Pl, San Antonio, TX 78209