Resource map of San Antonio community gardens, farmers markets, and growing-related skills-sharing opportunities.
RELATED: Land: Restoring Right Relations | Community Gardens & Farmer’s Markets | Permaculture Skills
Click the slider icon at the very top left corner of the map for a quick overview of locations and initiatives. Let us know or any openings, closures, or modifications.
Discounts: WIC Participants and seniors receive special discounts on a variety of goods at select markets. See details in this San Antonio Food Bank factsheet.
Critical Thoughts on Gardens & Growing
Food justice activist Brian Gordon breaks down the basics on garden planning.
Organic Gardening 101 (Episode One) from Gardopia Founder Stephen Lucke.
Healthy Neighborhoods spotlight on Pecan Valley WIC Teaching Garden.
Urban Farms and CSAs
For additions/subtractions/suggested edits, write us at email@example.com.
- Ahimsa Farms CSA
- We are a small chemical free transitional organic farm on the Little Joshua Creek near Boerne, Texas, providing range free eggs and beautiful healthy veggies.
- Farm Connection
- Buying Club. “Local, ethical and organic is our criteria. All products we offer are thoroughly researched and chosen based on their ‘clean’ impact.”
- Habitable Spaces
- A community arts and agricultural project where artists and the rural community can take classes, learn, and share ideas. We offer workshops and classes on sustainable farming, experimental building techniques, traditional craft, and fine art. In 2016 we began our first official artist-in-residence program.
- GreenBexar Farm
- Based upon the principles of regenerative agriculture, Green Bexar Farm is located on a 10-acre pecan orchard in Saint Hedwig, Texas, right outside the big city of San Antonio.
- Local Sprout
- Gardens, farm, and food hub in downtown San Antonio. Powered by a rooftop solar array, featuring large walk-in coolers and freezers, filled with beautiful kitchens and urban farming infrastructure, this 16,000 square foot shared space contains more than twenty active companies (food trucks, fermenters, chili queens, coffee roasters, pitmasters, butchers, juicers, bakers, caterers, creameries, ranchers, and farmers).
DIY Foraging Projects
- Foraging Texas
- Meet Dr. Mark “Merriwether” Vorderbruggen and join him as he reveals the edible and medicinal wild plants of Texas!